Analytics and Decision-Making: Unlock the Power of Data
Master techniques for the collection, manipulation, and interpretation of data analytics to inform key business decisions and create impact.
Nov. 4-13, 2020 | online | $4,100
Nov. 9-11, 2021 | Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA | $4,100
Superior analytic capability spells competitive advantage — and success. With today's ubiquity of data, every organization needs leaders who can understand the impact of data, advocate for its effective use, and interpret analysis.
Through a three-day deep-dive into the descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive levels of analytics, learn from renowned Carnegie Mellon University faculty — leading experts with cutting edge knowledge and a focus on application and results.
This program will equip you with not only a deeper understanding of the tools and techniques available, but an ability to identify potential use cases in your own organization, and importantly, to clearly convey insights garnered to executive management — driving implementation and results.
- Gain a deeper understanding of analytic tools (both advantages and pitfalls).
- Recognize potential opportunities and appropriate techniques.
- Learn to effectively communicate results and recommendations to executive level management.
- Prepare to credibly advocate for vital organizational culture change.
- Recognize how to use data analytics to innovate and improve operational efficiency.
Who should attend?
- This program is designed for middle managers or higher who have a holistic view of their companies and are responsible for making business decisions based on data insights. Participants should understand use cases and recognize opportunities. Often these candidates have a lot of data but may not know what to do with it.
- The course develops leaders who can solve problems through an advanced understanding of data — how to use data tools, how to interpret the data and how to communicate the data for business decisions.
Descriptive Analytics: Prioritizing Use Cases
Assess the scope and depth of opportunities for analytics while understanding both the strengths and limitations of data analytical approaches. Identify the value from data and recognize the progression of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive models.
Predictive Analytics: Managing Uncertainty
Introduce the role of prescriptive modeling and understand the cycle of assessment, model and evaluate for data-based decision making. Identify specific risks and hurdles on the path to creating impact with analytics.
Prescriptive Analytics: Executing Based on Insight
Emphasis on using analytical models for strategic, tactical or operations decision making. Identify the sources of data risk and strategies for alleviating them.
Earn the Carnegie Mellon Certificate in Executive Leadership
Participate in three executive education open enrollment programs in five years to earn Carnegie Mellon’s highest certificate designation for executive education.
"One of the key takeaways from this course is how do you take these more technical processes and provide insights to the line of business, and get those insights into action."
Executive Education at Carnegie Mellon
Contact a program director at 412-268-2304 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.