Seven Ways to Connect With the Tepper Alumni Community
Dear Tepper Alumni Family,
Over the last month, the global coronavirus pandemic has radically affected our lives, our families, our communities and our businesses. We recognize that your time now is as valuable as ever, if not more so, with new and unique demands on your schedules. With that in mind, Dean Dammon, the Tepper School Alumni Board, and the Tepper Alumni Relations Team have been continually discussing the most useful ways to keep you connected and informed on the latest updates from the school.
Staying engaged with one another is vital during these unprecedented times, and so we have compiled a variety of Tepper School and CMU resources and services below that are available to you as valuable members of our alumni family:
- Online Alumni Community: The Tepper AlumniHub is filled with rich news, content and alumni class notes; groups for connecting with others in your region or who share your interests; a growing directory of Tepper and CMU alumni; a listing of upcoming events; and links to important resources. Visit the online community today to create your account or to log in if you have already done so.
- Tepper MBA Alumni Career Coaching: The Tepper MBA Masters Career Center team has an Executive Alumni Career Coach, Julie Thornton, who is available to work with you 1:1 through these challenging times in your career.
- Student Employment Opportunities: The COVID-19 related shutdowns and cutbacks have begun to impact the job market for our students. While the number of students impacted at this time is low, we anticipate it will increase in the coming weeks and months. If your organization is still recruiting for summer interns or full-time roles, please pass this along to the appropriate contacts.
For MBA, MSPM, and MSBA summer intern and full-time candidates, you can register, post a job, or view resume books here.
- Undergraduate Career Assistance or Job Openings: The Career & Professional Development Center is available for business and economics alumni.
- Faculty Insights on Coronavirus: Tepper and CMU faculty have been active in addressing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. To view a listing of their ongoing insights, interviews, and research, visit Tepper News.
- Virtual Alumni Events: Although our in-person events are canceled for the coming months, we are offering a range of online alumni events for you and are preparing to offer more. Our monthly Tepper Webinar Series will feature Dr. Sridhar Tayur on April 29 on Quantum Computing, Dr. Alan Scheller-Wolf on May 21 on Sustainability and Dr. Laurence Ales in June 16 on the Global Economy. Visit the Tepper Webinars Page to register for upcoming sessions, and to view our library of previous presentations.
We are also exploring opportunities for additional virtual sessions to connect with your favorite Tepper School professors in a lively and informal setting. More to come! Additional Lifelong Learning Resources are being developed for later this spring and summer.
- Social Media: Stay connected with us on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For information on how the Tepper School and CMU are responding to COVID-19, visit the CMU Coronavirus Information site.
On behalf of our Tepper School Alumni Board and our alumni relations team, we want to assure you of our continued support as we navigate the rough waters ahead. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for support, and above all else, we hope that wherever you are, you and your loved ones are safe and taking care of yourselves, and one another.
Rob Rice (MSIA 2000), Tepper Alumni Board President
John Sengenberger, Executive Director, Tepper Alumni Relations