Head of Marketing & Communications for ARM Institute
Suzy Teele is a highly-respected executive who has been an integral part of the Pittsburgh technology and business community. She is a proven leader who has consistently grown products and businesses for over 20 years.
She is currently Head of Marketing and Communications for the Advanced Robotics in Manufacturing (ARM) Institute, a national public-private partnership focused on advancing robotics and workforce development to grow US manufacturing. Prior to joining the ARM Institute, she was the COO of two technology start-ups.
Some of Suzy’s experience includes:
- Recognized expert in business strategy and operations, product management, interactive/digital marketing, customer acquisition and retention, public relations, talent acquisition and retention, and customer success
- Led four organizations in executive roles (GM, CMO, COO, President) to their highest levels of growth
- Ran successful consulting company that helped over 60 companies grow sales and market share
- Helped launch 16 new companies or divisions in markets as diverse as IT, healthcare, media, manufacturing, medical devices, finance, retail, robotics, logistics, and industrial supplies
- Directed the product commercialization and market success for over 100 products and services
- Drove strategy and implementation for over 10 acquisitions, including some the largest in software history
- Provides education and mentoring for the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, Carnegie-Mellon University, PowerLink, Indiana University of PA and Innovation Works, AlphaLab and AlphaLab Gear
- Selected as a 2017 Pittsburgh Business Times BusinessWomen First Awardee, and Finalist for the 2014 Greater Pittsburgh Athena Award.
- Current Co-Lead for the Pittsburgh Chapter of WELD (Women for Economic and Leadership Development)
- Has strong ties with Indiana University of PA (IUP). Recognized as Distinguished Alumni (2006), Eberly College of Business and Technology Hall of Fame Inductee (2012); Commencement Speaker (2013)