CEO ClearChoice Energy
Ms. Pengidore is an executive and entrepreneur with a proven track record in energy marketing, sales, supply, trading and risk management. Her thirty career in the energy business included leading and managing companies through historic changes in the electric power and natural gas industries.
Ms. Pengidore’s roles in the energy industry included:
- Founder and CEO of ClearChoice Energy, a Pittsburgh-based energy services firm serving commercial, industrial and governmental customers. The business was sold to a strategic buyer in 2013.
- Vice President Structuring & Analytics at Strategic Energy LLC, a $1.5 billion retail power marketer serving commercial and industrial customers in ten states;
- Founder and Chair of the Dallas Fort Worth Electric Consumer Coalition, an advocacy group representing large commercial, governmental and industrial customers in regulatory proceedings at ERCOT, and with the Texas Public Utility Commission and the Texas Legislature;
- Senior Vice President Aggregation Services at TXU Energy, a $28 billion global energy company where she helped to guide the company’s efforts to open the Texas electric market to competition;
- Partner with Arthur Andersen LLP, a $9.3 billion professional services firm where she led the firm’s energy trading and risk management consulting practice; and
- Manager, Commodity Risk at ALCOA where she created a program for managing the company’s global exposure to energy price risk.
During her tenure at Strategic Energy and TXU, Ms. Pengidore was responsible for managing the company’s wholesale procurement of power and customer pricing. Ms. Pengidore has been intimately involved in electric competition, supply and conservation laws and regulations in Pennsylvania, providing expert testimony and guidance to the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and state legislators.
Ms. Pengidore has her J.D. from Duquesne University, an MBA from Baldwin-Wallace College, and a B.S. in accounting and finance from the University of Steubenville. She is a licensed CPA and Attorney.