Carnegie Mellon University

Housing & Dining Needs

Carnegie Mellon strives to be fully accessible to our students from a variety of faith traditions. Below you can find accommodations related to student housing and dining. If you feel you need additional resources or accommodations, please contact Jonny Cagwin (Coordinator of Religious Life) or Mandy Best (Coordinator of Spirituality & Interfaith Initiatives).

Dining Services offers Vaad-certified kosher, Halal, vegan and vegetarian cuisine at select campus dining locations. Learn more

Shabbat Keys are available by request for most University Housing facilities. To request a key, please contact Housing Services by calling 412-268-2139. 

Please note: 

Housing Services does not offer any housing communities dedicated to a specific religious affiliation, and is not able to provide accommodations such as single rooms or private bathrooms for religious reasons.  However, single-gender communities are available and consideration can be made for requests such as eastward facing rooms.  Please note that requests are processed on a case by case basis and therefore, they cannot guarantee an accommodation will be met.  If you wish to make a request, please do so at the time that you submit your housing application.  Housing will not consider requests for roommates of similar religious beliefs.