Scotty Saturday is a day in which CMU students come together to celebrate their pride in Carnegie Mellon through a series of events including a showcase of student talent, spirited activities, opportunities for exposure of student groups, and free food and CMU swag.
The Second Annual Scotty Saturday will take place on Saturday, October 14th during family weekend.
Scotty Saturday’s signature event – the Festival on Scotty Saturday will take place from the East/West Walkway to the Cut from 3:00pm-7:00pm. The festival is family friendly and will feature:
- CMU-Themed Arts and Crafts
- Free and reduced-price Carnegie Mellon Swag
- Marketplace featuring student organizations and local art
- Andrew Carnegie Impersonator
- Carnegie Mellon Student Performances including A Capella, CMU Street Styles, and the Independent Musicians Organization
- Spring Carnival Theme Reveal
- Applefest featuring a local farmer's market complete with chef demos, a vendor fair with free samples including cider, apples, pies, artisan breads and local honey (use your DineXtra, cash, credit or debit)
Sign Up for the Festival on Scotty Saturday Marketplace!
The Festival on Scotty Saturday Marketplace will feature a collection of activities, food vendors, and sales featuring all that Carnegie Mellon has to offer. Grants for $100 per attraction are available for groups and/or individuals who host activities in the marketplace. Suggestions for activities include: pumpkin painting, cookie decorating, pie eating contest, face painting, temporary tattoos, kilt photo booth, small service project, and air brush tattoos. Groups are also able to utilize the marketplace as a fundraiser for their organization by selling food, apparel, or other items. Please note, if you are collecting money for a fundraiser, you are not eligible to receive $100 towards your table. To sign up to table in the Festival on Scotty Saturday Marketplace fill out the form found here. Questions? Contact Meredith Hassenrik.