Scotty Saturday celebrates Carnegie Mellon spirit and pride during Family Weekend and includes a showcase of student talent, fun activities, the opportunity to learn about student groups, free food and CMU swag.
Scotty Saturday provides fun for the whole family!
The festival features many exciting stations, including CMU-themed arts and crafts. Where else would you find liquid ice as a craft?
Fun and games for CMU students and their families!
Scotty Saturday is a highlight of CMU's annual Family Weekend festivities.
Scotty Saturday is all about showing off your Tartan pride!
The Festival on Scotty Saturday
The Festival on Scotty Saturday, the day's signature event, takes place from 3-6 pm all along the East/West Walkway into Legacy Plaza, Merson Courtyard and The Cut.
The festival is a family-friendly event featuring many exciting stations, events and activities:
- free and reduced-priced Carnegie Mellon swag
- CMU-themed arts/crafts and free fall-themed food and food trucks
- a marketplace featuring student projects, student organizations, and local businesses
- photobooths and inflatables
- student performances featuring acapella groups, dance and music organizations, and more
- Chartwells’s Applefest featuring a local farmers market with chef demos, free samples of apples, pies, artisan breads and local honey (use your DineXtra, cash, credit, or debit)
- the Spring Carnival theme reveal
Want to get involved in Scotty Saturday?
Grants for at least $100 will be available for groups or individuals who host activities in the marketplace. Activity ideas include: pumpkin painting and bowling, cookie decorating, pie eating contests, face painting, temporary and henna tattoos, kilt photobooth, karaoke, or a small service projects.
Groups can utilize the marketplace as a fundraiser for their organization by selling food, apparel, or other items. Fundraising groups are not eligible to receive the grant.
Interested in performing? We are looking for talented students and student organizations to perform any and all types of acts.