Scotty Saturday takes place on Saturday, October 15, 2022!
Scotty Saturday celebrates Carnegie Mellon spirit and pride during Family Weekend and includes a showcase of student talent, fun activities, the opportunity to learn about student groups, free food and CMU swag.
Scotty Saturday provides fun for the whole family!
Scotty Saturday features many exciting activities and stations, including CMU-themed arts and crafts. Where else would you find an on-campus petting zoo?
Enjoy fun activities for CMU students and their families!
Scotty Saturday is a highlight of CMU's annual Family Weekend festivities.
Scotty Saturday is all about showing off your Tartan pride!
The Festival on Scotty Saturday
The Festival on Scotty Saturday, the day's signature event, takes place from 3-6 pm all along the East/West Walkway into Legacy Plaza, Merson Courtyard and The Cut.
The festival is a family-friendly event featuring many exciting stations, events and activities:
- free and reduced-priced Carnegie Mellon swag
- CMU-themed arts/crafts and free fall-themed food
- Spring Carnival Committee Annual Theme Reveal
- a marketplace featuring student projects, student organizations, and local businesses
- photobooths and inflatables
- student performances featuring acapella groups, dance and music organizations, and more
- Chartwells’s Applefest featuring a local farmers market with chef demos, free samples of apples, pies, artisan breads and local honey (use your DineXtra, cash, credit, or debit)
Want to get involved in Scotty Saturday?
Grants for at least $100 will be available for groups or individuals who host activities in the marketplace. Activity ideas include: pumpkin painting and bowling, cookie decorating, pie eating contests, face painting, temporary and henna tattoos, kilt photobooth, karaoke, or a small service projects.
Individual student businesses can utilize the marketplace as a place to promote and sell items from your own individual business. Items to sell include: stickers, jewelry, apparel, etc... Individual student businesses are not eligible to receive the grant.
Groups can utilize the marketplace as a fundraiser for their organization by selling food, apparel, or other items. Fundraising groups are not eligible to receive the grant.
Interested in performing? We are looking for talented students and student organizations to perform any and all types of acts.