Pittsburgh Non-Profits & Community Partners
Find A Volunteer Opportunity in Pittsburgh
Participating in civic engagement activities in and around Pittsburgh is a fantastic way to get to know the city in a meaningful and substantial way. Many students identify either a social issue they would like to impact more directly or a neighborhood that they want to engage with on a more regular basis. Check out the resources below to identify an opportunity or schedule a meeting with one of the civic engagement staff members from the Office of Student Leadership, Involvement, and Civic Engagement (SLICE) or the PACE Intern to discuss your interests.
Pittsburgh Cares works with local non-profits to publicize volunteer opportunities that can help meet current needs in the Pittsburgh area.
Browse their opportunities calendar that is searchable by date, issue area, or organization to sign-up for one-time or on-going volunteer opportunities.
VolunteerMatchVolunteerMatch strengthens communities by making it easier for good people and good causes to connect. Check out opportunities on VolunteerMatch, including virtual service opportunities, in Pittsburgh and around the U.S.
For Our Community Partners : Getting Connected to CMUSLICE values strong reciprocal partnerships with our non-profit and community partners. Our ambition is to work closely with these partners to address real needs in our community while providing high quality civic engagement experiences for our students, faculty, and staff that inspire them to deeper and on-going action.
Depending on your organization’s needs and your desire to connect with the CMU community, we may recommend participation in one or more of the following opportunities:
- Attend the Volunteer Fair at the start of the fall semester
- Host volunteers for our days of service, which are held approximately every August, October, January, and March
- Serve as a site for Service Saturdays or a customized service project
- Utilize our weekly newsletter to communicate specific volunteer needs, urgent requests, and/or upcoming applications or deadlines
- Participate in an educational program as a content expert
- Initiate conversations with other recommended groups or departments that align with your organization’s mission and/or needs
To educate us on your organization’s mission, explore potential partnerships, or discuss how to best publicize your opportunities to the CMU community, call or email SLICE to schedule an appointment with our staff.