CFA Society Pittsburgh Financial Plan Competition
The CFA Society of Pittsburgh is pleased to announce the Society’s Fourth Annual, Collegiate Personal Financial Planning Competition. Students currently enrolled at a two or four year academic institution are eligible to compete. Spring and Fall Semester entries are eligible. The deadline for entries is Monday March 19, 2018.
A financial plan is a road map to help students plan for and achieve their financial goal and through this program, the CFA Society of Pittsburgh hopes to help our regions students take ownership of their financial future.
Personal Financial Plan Guidelines:
- 4 to 5 pages of a comprehensive plan (4.5 pages is ideal)
- You may use single spaced text or a detailed outline format
- Pick a start date like graduation or the starting date of your job
- Plan for a 1 year, 3 year and 5 year horizon
- Financial goals should be clearly outlined, as should be the plan to achieve these goals
- Use a cover page and a table of contents
- Put all exhibits in appendices
- Number your pages of outline or text (do not number the cover page or table of contents)
- Your final page should be sources cited or a bibliography
Winners of the competition will be selected by the society’s financial literacy committee and will be based upon completeness, format, creativity, supporting exhibits and use of sources. All participants, whose financial plans meet a minimum level of standard, will qualify to receive a “Certificate of Achievement”, awarded by the Society.
Monetary prizes will again be awarded for the Top Ten plans.