The Posner Fine Arts Foundation funds two internships each year for Carnegie Mellon University students to research and prepare exhibits using the Posner Memorial Collection.
The student receives a $3000 stipend to complete a one-semester internship of 15 hours per week spent researching and creating an exhibit in collaboration with librarians. The internship is open to CMU undergraduate and graduate students. Students who wish to earn academic credit must gain permission from their academic department and/or school before the internship begins. The intern should have a faculty advisor.
The goals of the internship program are to enable students to:
- Fulfill the Posner Fine Arts Foundation's mission for education, visibility, and use of the Posner Memorial Collection
- Participate in an active, collaborative learning experience
- Integrate knowledge from a variety of sources and fields
- Present ideas in an exhibit and online project
Past exhibits created by Posner Center interns
How to apply:
- Visit the Posner Center.
- Become familiar with the Posner Memorial Collection.
- Prepare and submit an application essay.
The current application period runs October 23 - November 27, 11:59 p.m.
For questions or more information about the internship, please contact Mary Catharine Johnsen at 412-268-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.