Planning Your Event
With the exception of setup/ cleanup, the event sponsor is responsible to arrange for all event services. Posner Center staff arranges for setup/ cleanup. The event sponsor pays for all event services (setup/ cleanup, catering, parking, technology, etc.) with authorized service providers.
Opening/ Closing Facility
The on-site representative should remain in Posner Center until the event is over and all guests have exited the building.
- Emergency: 412-268-2323
- Non-emergency: 412-268-6232
Food and Beverages
University Catering Services is the exclusive caterer to Posner Center.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Reading Room next to the Reception Area.
- Food is not permitted in the Boardroom.
- Beverages are allowed in the Boardroom (trays and coasters must be used).
- Do not permit drinks to be set directly on furniture.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Notify Posner Center staff if it appears that furniture, upholstery, granite, carpet or walls may have been stained during an event (Post-Event Checklist).
To request food and beverage service: 412-268-2129 or email@example.com
Alcohol for purchase (cash bar) is prohibited, and under no circumstances are individuals allowed to directly provide or serve alcohol for any event in the building. Hosts wishing to have alcohol served without charge to guests may do so through University Catering Services, 412-268-2129.
Security is required for alcohol service and must be arranged with University Police, 412-268-6232.
To request technology services: 412-268-8855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.