Traffic Restrctions, Closures Set for July 31-Aug. 3
This Friday through Monday, July 31-Aug. 3, a crane will be assembled and used for work on the Cohon University Center addition, causing traffic restrictions along Forbes Avenue and closures to several areas in and around the Cohon Center.
Traffic Restrictions From Friday, July 31 to Monday, Aug. 3
- The eastbound curb lane and sidewalk of Forbes Avenue in front of the Cohon Center construction site will be closed from noon to midnight on Friday, July 31.
- All four lanes and sidewalks of Forbes Avenue will be closed from Morewood Avenue to the west entrance of the East Campus Garage from 8 – 10 p.m., on Friday, July 31, and from 7 – 9 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 2. During this closure flag personnel will be present at Devon Road and both ends of the Forbes Avenue closure to escort all Devon Road traffic through the closure. Detours will be posted to assist the public around the Forbes Avenue closures.
- The eastbound curb lane and sidewalk of Forbes Avenue in front of the Cohon Center construction site will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1-2. The lane and sidewalk will re-open each evening upon completion of the daily construction work.
- The west entrance to the East Campus Garage will be closed beginning at noon on Friday, July 31. All traffic will be directed to the Beeler Street entrance/exit.
- At noon on Friday, July 31, the access drive at the west end of the East Campus Garage and the service courtyard will be closed. They will remain closed through 7 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 3.
East Campus Garage and Stadium Closures, Aug. 1-2
The following will be closed Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 1-2:
- The East Campus Garage;
- Pedestrian pathways along the west side of the garage;
- The sidewalks between the East Campus Garage and the east entrance to the Cohon Center; and
- The west end of the track and field, closest to the Cohon Center.
Cohon Center Closures Beginning Saturday, Aug. 1
The east end of the Cohon Center will be closed on all floors, Aug. 1-2. This will impact:
- Lower Level: The east end of the building will be closed beginning at the FedEx office. This will include the corridor where the offices of Parking Services, Conference and Events Services and various Student Activities spaces are located.
- First Floor: The corridor outside of Wiegand Gym will be closed.
- Second Floor: The fitness rooms and Danforth Lounge will be closed.
We realize the inconvenience caused by the late notice of these restrictions and closures, and appreciate the patience, understanding and cooperation of those who are affected as we work to improve the Cohon Center. CMU personnel will be on hand during these construction activities to ensure a smooth operation and minimize the impact caused by these disruptions.
If you should have any concerns during the schedule of this work please contact the following individuals:
- Friday evening and Sunday morning: Dean Mosites at 412-965-3902
- Saturday and Sunday morning: Ralph Horgan at 412-527-1763