Traffic Restrictions, Closures Set for July 17-20
This Friday through Monday, July 17-20, a crane will be assembled and used for work on the Cohon University Center addition, causing traffic restrictions along Forbes Avenue and closures to several areas in and around the Cohon Center.
Traffic Restrictions Beginning Friday, July 17
- The eastbound lane of Forbes Avenue in front of the Cohon Center construction site will be closed from Friday, July 17 through Monday, July 20, beginning at 5:30 a.m. each day. The lane will re-open each evening upon completion of the daily construction work.
- The west entrance to the East Campus Garage will be closed from Friday, July 17 through Monday, July 20. The garage will remain open via the Beeler Street entrance/exit.
- On Friday, July 17, the access drive at the west end of the East Campus Garage and the service courtyard will be closed. They will remain closed through the end of day on Monday, July 20.
East Campus Garage and Stadium Closures Beginning Saturday, July 18
- The west portion of the East Campus Garage as well as the west stairwell and elevator will be closed Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19.
- Pedestrian pathways along the west side of the garage will be closed Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19.
- The sidewalks between the East Campus Garage and the east entrance to the Cohon Center will be closed Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19.
- The west end of the track and field, closest to the Cohon Center, also will be closed throughout the weekend.
Cohon Center Closures Beginning Saturday, July 18
The east end of the Cohon Center will be closed on all floors, July 18-19. This will impact:
- Lower Level: The east end of the building will be closed beginning at the FedEx office. This will include the corridor where the offices of Parking Services, Conference and Events Services and various Student Activities spaces are located.
- First Floor: The corridor outside of Wiegand Gym will be closed.
- Second Floor: The fitness rooms and Danforth Lounge will be closed.
The crane will be disassembled and removed on Sunday, July 19 and Monday, July 20.
Questions or concerns should be directed to Adam Homer at email@example.com or 412-268-3879.