May 11, 2018
Moving and Storage Options
Many of the students spend their summers away from Carnegie Mellon University and Pittsburgh, so families often ask about moving and storage options. Residential Education’s limited on-campus storage space has been allocated for the summer months. For those still in need of summer storage, below is a partial list of companies that provide moving and storage options for CMU students. Please note that none of these companies are endorsed or vetted by the university nor provide sponsorship, but are listed as a service to students and families looking for local resources.
Moving and Storage Services
- College Boxes — Through partnerships with U-Haul and Moving Help, they offer a range of moving services, storage, boxes, packing supplies and storage containers.
- Dorm Room Movers — They provide packing supplies, in-room pickup, and delivery and summer storage. Pricing is based on size, weight and number of items.
- Guardian Storage — Options in Bloomfield and Shadyside. They offer self-storage units and lockers. Pricing is on a monthly basis dependent on the size of the storage room.
- STORExpress — This vendor offers free pick-up and month-to-month storage options.
- Compass Self-Storage — This company offers climate-controlled storage in lockers and is able to rent moving trucks to students.