End of Semester Reminders-Office of International Education - Carnegie Mellon University

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

End of Semester Reminders

Dear International Students,

Following are a few things you may need to take care of before the end of the fall 2007 semester.

GRADUATING?  If you are graduating this semester and plan to work in the United States, you must apply for Optional Practical Training (F-1 students) or Academic Training (J-1 students) before the end of the semester. Instructions for applying are available in OIE or on the web at:

DOCUMENT EXPIRING?  If your document (I-20 or DS-2019) is expiring on 12/31/2007, and you will not complete your program this semester, apply for an extension now. Information on extensions is available in OIE or on the web at:

CHANGING PROGRAMS?  Remember, both the program and the level of study on your I-20 or DS-2019 must be accurate.  If you will begin a new program or level of study next semester (spring 2008), you must request a new I-20 or DS-2019, even if the dates are still valid on your current document.  Details are available in OIE or on the web at: http://www.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/oie/forstu/pdf/changeOfProgram.pdf

PICK UP YOUR DOCUMENTS!  If you requested an I-20/DS-2019 signature, a new document, or a letter from OIE, remember to pick it up!

Feel free to contact your Foreign Student Advisor with questions about any of the above items.

OIE Staff

Office of International Education
Carnegie Mellon University
Third Floor, Warner Hall
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Phone: (412) 268-5231
Fax: (412) 268-7832

Last Updated On: November 15, 2007