Other Work Categories-Office of International Education - Carnegie Mellon University

Other Work Categories

Details on working in B, F-1 Optional Practical Training, J-1 Academic Training, J-2 employment, O and TN status. General information on US Permanent Residency.

Most foreign employees at Carnegie Mellon are employed as J-1 researcher/professors or as H1B employees or other visitors. However, there are other non-immigrant categories that allow for employment or formal visits. OIE offers orientation, information, and assistance to these employees even when OIE is not directly involved in helping the employees to obtain such work status.

Last Updated On:  January 10, 2017