Payroll and Tax Issues-Office of International Education - Carnegie Mellon University

Payroll and Tax Issues

If you are paid by Carnegie Mellon University (either a stipend or a salary), the CMUWorks Service Center must have a correct address for your final pay check as well as for important tax documents which will be mailed in January of each year (i.e. in January 2017 for the year 2016).

Local, state and federal tax forms are due in mid-April of each year for the preceding year (i.e. on April 15, 2017 for taxes in 2016). You may visit the OIE website in February or March for relevant tax information.

You can download federal tax forms from the website of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It is important to note that it remains your legal obligation to file tax forms, even if you have returned to your home (or other) country at the time that tax forms are due.

Last Updated On: January 10, 2017