Obtaining A Social Security Number-Office of International Education - Carnegie Mellon University

Obtaining A Social Security Number

As with all employees in the US, employees in H1B status must have a valid US social security number in order to work and be paid in the US. Instructions on how to apply for a Social Security Number can be found on the OIE SSN Handout

Last Updated On: January 10, 2017