Senior Robotics Engineer
What we are looking for:
The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) at Carnegie Mellon University is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Robotics Engineer on an existing project. We make robust hardware and software using agile development processes. In this position you will work on a variety of software that will be used in a very large robotics system and can range from process simulation to process planning to user interfaces. We have a large multi-disciplinary team that collaborates on all aspects of the design.
- Developing software for robotic applications.
- Adapting and integrating proprietary and open source software packages and APIs.
- Participating in the software process: design, code reviews, etc.
- Building new tools for software communication, logging, and data analysis.
- Creating and maintaining development tools and infrastructure for robotic systems.
- Developing, documenting, and directing software system testing, troubleshooting, and verification procedures.
M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience (Ph.D. is a bonus).
3-5 years of engineering and design process experience.
3-5 years combined graduate academic and professional software development experience.
Strong C++ skills.
- Technical communication skills.
- Successful background check.
We want to hear from you if you have experience or qualifications in ANY of the following areas:
- Software Architecture
- Professional software development processes
- Networking interfaces and applications
- User interfaces
- Linux development environment
- Embedded systems or real time applications
You will have an impact on shaping the robotics revolution, collaborate with and learn from experts, and build your career in a very fast-growing field. As part of our team, you will develop solutions to solve industrial and government challenges, deploy your technology in real-world situations, work side-by-side with elite robotics experts, and develop a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
Have an Impact!
- Remove waste from farming = more food
- Make industrial processes environmentally friendly
- Make hazardous jobs safer
- Improve efficiency in industry & manufacturing
- Accelerate screening of pharmaceuticals
Take Control of Your Career!
- Select the career pathway that interests you
- Influence the direction of projects
- Supportive of a non-standard schedule
- Maintain work/life balance
- Switch between part-time and full-time as life demands
NREC is at the center of the robotics ecosystem in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 60 robotics companies, Pittsburgh has become the robotics capital of the world. Geek Wire calls it Robotics Row; others call it Roboburgh. Join the leader in the most exciting time in robotics!
Join the best robotics R&D group
Join our talented team at NREC, an operating unit within the world-renowned Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
NREC has 20+ years of experience and is globally renowned for developing and deploying robots into many applications across multiple sectors, such as agriculture, mining, defense, energy, and manufacturing. We strive to provide solutions for real-world challenges where automation and robots have a greater impact on productivity and improve the safety and comfort of the labor force. Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of unmanned ground vehicle design, autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, operator assistance, 3D mapping, and position estimation. With over 120 robotics professionals, we can solve challenges that no other organization can.
NREC also leads in educational outreach through its Robotics Academy, which builds robotics curricula and software for K-12 and college-level students.
At NREC, we value diversity, support it, and thrive on it for the benefits of our organization, our employees and our community. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.