What we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to be a member of our diverse team and working directly with the Executive Director, Artificial Intelligence Hub and other colleagues. In conjunction with the AI Hub Program Manager, you will lead project-tracking activities to support project managers and faculty in ensuring that projects remain on track financially and that technical resources are allocated and planned adequately. You would be responsible for Project Management activities for moderately complex projects including: managing Project Work statements, Work Plans, and other customer contract documents; preparing reports with information gathered from a variety of internal and external sources; identifying variances and working with other departments and external stakeholders to ensure a coordinated effort.
The AI Hub
Join our hardworking team at the AI Hub where you will have a direct impact across the entirety of CMU research, and on meaningful projects, as you collaborate with experts and build your career. As part of our group, you will support a team of Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, and robotics authorities who solve client challenges and deploy technology to real operations. You will also collaborate with senior support personnel, as well as, the leadership of the organization and the university to help with brining your career to the next level. Additionally, our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule and a life/work balance. Take control of your career!
The AI Hub is a group that is physically located at National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), and coordinates the projects and relationship with the Army AI Task Force, who has over a dozen active military members co-located with the AI Hub team, and builds the academic and industry ecosystem that is critical to building capabilities that grow from fundamental research to ultimately production at scale.
- Administration: Performs administrative tasks such as tracking new IP disclosures, and generating lists of background IP and/or data rights assertion for proposals, helping to coordinate the development of new proposals, and generally assisting the Program Management Office with oversight of government research contracts.
- Communications: collaborate with other members of the team to gather accurate information to ensure accuracy of project tracking and resource forecasting. This includes Project Managers, Principal Investigators, administrative staff, government customers, Sponsored Program Administration (SPA), contracts, etc.
- Reporting: Coordinate with Project and Program management to assist in generating reports on project status, including project milestones and financials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3 years of Administrative experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and social skills required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Oracle, Workday, Access.
- Excellent problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience in a university or non-profit organization preferred.
We want to hear from you if you have experience or qualifications in ANY of the following areas:
- Understand the value of the administrator role.
- Can handle being a key communicator across the organization and with customers.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with people of diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Self-starter, optimistic, determined.
You will have an impact in shaping the robotics revolution, collaborate with and learn from experts,and build your career in a very fast-growing field. As part of our team, you will develop solutions to solve industrial and government challenges, deploy your technology in real-world situations, work side-by-side with elite robotics experts, and develop a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
Have an Impact!
- Remove waste from farming = more food
- Make industrial processes environmentally friendly
- Make hazardous jobs safer
- Improve efficiency in industry & manufacturing
Take Control of Your Career!
- Select the career pathway that interests you
Influence the direction of projects
- Have a say in your work schedule
- Maintain work/life balance
Switch between part-time and full-time as life demands
NREC is at the center of the robotics ecosystem in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 60 robotics companies, Pittsburgh has become the robotics capital of the world. Geek Wire calls it Robotics Row; others call it Roboburgh. Join the leader at the most exciting time in robotics!
Join the best robotics R&D group
Join our talented team at NREC, an operating unit within the world-renowned Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
NREC has 20+ years of experience and is globally renowned for developing and deploying robots into many applications across multiple sectors, such as agriculture, mining, defense, energy, and manufacturing. We strive to provide solutions for real-world challenges where automation and robots have a greater impact on productivity and improve the safety and comfort of the labor force. Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of unmanned ground vehicle design, autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, operator assistance, 3D mapping, and position estimation. With over 120 robotics professionals, we can solve challenges that no other organization can.
NREC also leads in educational outreach through its Robotics Academy, which builds robotics curricula and software for K-12 and college-level students.
At NREC, we value diversity, support it, and thrive on it for the benefits of our organization, our employees and our community. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.