Call for Scholarship Applications
We are pleased to offer a number of student scholarships for attendance at NASSLLI. These scholarships will provide funding for accommodation for the duration of NASSLLI in a double occupancy Carnegie Mellon dorm room and/or up to $350 in travel expenses. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an academic program full time during the academic year, and will not have been awarded their Ph.D. by the time of the summer school. Scholarship recipients MUST attend NASSLLI for a full week of classes.
Scholarship applicants should supply the following:
- A narrative of approximately 500 words detailing how they would benefit from the NASSLLI experience, what classes they would take, and how these classes would enhance their graduate education.
- An estimate of travel costs, including a potential flight itinerary if the travel includes flying. (Because of some sources of scholarship funding, air travel reimbursements can only be given for US-based carriers.)
- The attached Funding Declaration, filled out and signed by the student and the student's advisor or department head.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of need as well as the benefit to the student of participating in NASSLLI, as assessed from the narrative.
Because our scholarship funds will be limited, we ask all applicants to first attempt to obtain funding locally.
- Submission format: pdf
- Combine all materials into a single pdf with the following file name: your last name_your first name_SCHOLARSHIP.pdf
- Otherwise, use some sensible naming convention for the separate documents, beginning with last and first name
- Submit applications to email@example.com with subject line SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION by April 1
Any questions concerning scholarship applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions relating to local information: email@example.com