Metro21 Meets with Top Officials for Broadband Roundtable
On Wednesday, August 11, Metro21 met with Congressman Mike Doyle, U.S. Department of Commerce Deputy Secretary Don Graves, Mayor Bill Peduto and others for a U.S. Department of Commerce Roundtable on closing the Broadband Digital Divide.
The discussion was held in Innovation Hall at the Energy Innovation Center to discuss improving equity and to promote economic growth in Pittsburgh. Participants included:
- Honorable Mike Doyle, Congressman
- Honorable Don Graves, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Honorable Bill Peduto, Mayor, City of Pittsburgh
- Grant Ervin, Directory of Resiliency, City of Pittsburgh
- Mark Stuckey, Chief Technology Officer, Pittsburgh Public Schools
Audrey Russo, President and CEO, Pittsburgh Technology Council
Walter Lewis, President and CEO – Homewood Children’s Village
Jon Peha, Professor of Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University
Read the Post-Gazette article here.
Read the WESA article here.