Mellon College of Science Staff Recognition Awards
Call for Nominations
Please join Dean Rebecca Doerge in honoring MCS staff for their dedication and service to the Mellon College of Science. The awards ceremony will be on Tuesday, June 12th at 12:00 p.m., with a reception to follow immediately after.
Nominate your colleagues for the following:
- Merit Award
- Rookie Award
- Special Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
Deadline for nominations has been extended to Monday, March 26, 2018.
- Nominations may be made by anyone in the MCS Pittsburgh campus community, including administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Nominations must include the completed online nomination application that contains at least two (2) separate, but not more than five (5), statements of support, all of which can be completed online. A person can submit more than one nominating or supporting letter, as long as they are for different awards (i.e., a letter for the rookie award and a letter for the special award, but not a letter for two different people nominated for the same award).
- Members of the MCS Staff Awards Committee are not eligible to be nominated for the MCS Merit Award, MCS Outstanding Achievement Award, or MCS Rookie Award during the years in which they are serving on this committee. Committee members are eligible to receive MCS Service Awards acknowledging their years of service to the University. Members of the MCS Staff Awards Committee are also not eligible to nominate candidates for these awards nor may they write letters in support of a nomination package during the years in which they are serving on this committee.
- Please complete online nomination at https://staff-awards.mcs.cmu.edu
An independent panel comprised of one (1) MCS faculty from each department and additional individual(s) from outside MCS will be ask to review and rank Merit and Rookie Awards nominations with the names redacted.
The Staff Recognition Awards Committee will review and vote on the Special and Outstanding Awards nominations as outline in the bylaws nomination selection process.