The traditional 9-month program takes one academic year (fall & spring semesters) of full time study to complete this degree. This degree option consists primarily of required course and project work. There are limited opportunities for elective coursework.
Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 (Click Images to Expand)
- The 2 semester curriculum requires students to complete a minimum of 102 units of course work over two semesters, Fall & Spring.
- Students can complete a maximum of 60 units during the fall term & 48 units during the spring term.
- At least 18 units of the total must be used toward electives relevant to the product development process and be approved by an advisor.
- In order to work with industry sponsors during in the degree-required Integrated Product Development capstone course, signing contractual terms regarding intellectual property and non-disclosure agreements may be required to complete the course project.
- All coursework must be completed with graduate level courses.
- Students must have a minimum QPA of 3.0 to graduate.
For additional details regarding degree requirements, review the full Graduate Student Handbook here.
Part-time Option for Working Students
Students who are currently working in Pittsburgh with flexible work environments can consider completing the MII-PS program on a part-time basis. Typically, the part-time curriculum takes two years to complete. It is important to note that MII-PS courses are offered at various times throughout the day. Details regarding part-time tuition can be found on the HUB site. Please indicate your preference for pursuing the part-time option in your online application.