MII-PS Advanced Study
The extended 16-month program takes 3 academic semesters and a summer (fall, spring, summer, & fall semesters) to complete This advanced study program includes the 9-month MII-PS requirements, a summer internship, a faculty guided master's essay focused on product and service innovation, and allows the student the opportunity to pursue additional elective course work.
The MII-PS Advanced Study curriculum begins with the same fall and spring semesters as the MII-PS 9-month curriculum. From there, MII-PS Advanced Study students complete a summer internship and additional semester in the fall:
Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 (Click Images to Expand)
- The 16 month curriculum requires students to complete a minimum of 141 units of course work over three semesters and a summer internship.
- Students must maintain full-time student status (36 units) during three semesters: fall #1, spring #1, and fall #2 terms.
- Students must complete at least 42 units of electives relevant to the product development process and be approved by an advisor.
- In order to work with industry sponsors during in the degree-required Integrated Product Development capstone course, signing contractual terms regarding intellectual property and non-disclosure agreements may be required to complete the course project.
- All coursework must be completed with graduate level courses.
- Students must have a minimum QPA of 3.0 to graduate.
For additional details regarding degree requirements, review the full Graduate Student Handbook here.