Sophia Sobers is an adjust professor at the Integrated Innovation Institute. She joined as an instructor for the MIIPS program in 2018.
Sophia is an artist, designer, photographer, and educator. She specializes in creating installations and public art projects, utilizing skill sets from architecture and design to create her work. Influenced by the built and natural environment, Sobers is interested in documenting
personal experiences within these sites and creating artwork that ranges from drawings and sculptures to textiles and digital objects.
Sophia works with artists to create concept renderings and translate ideas into digital models and schematics usable for fabrication. She has worked at Brown University's Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology photographing their permanent collections and continues to provide photographic services for clients in architecture, interior design, and the fine arts. She previously taught at the University of Pittsburgh and the Rhode Island School of Design, among other institutions.
Advice for Future Innovators
Areas of Expertise
3D Modeling & Fabrication, Fine Art, Photography
Integrated Innovation Courses
- Visual Processes
Master of Fine Arts in Digital + Media - Rhode Island School of Design
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture - New Jersey Institute of Technology
Projects and Awards
- Alloy Pittsburgh: Public Art Commission, 2018
- PLAYTIME: Children's Clothing Trade Show Commission, 2018
- Cherry Blossoms in Winter: Public Art Project, 2016
- Earth Day Commission by Here Now, a climate change initiative created by Purpose, 2015
- Puffin Foundation Grant, 2014
- I-195 Redevelopment Commission: Public Art Commission, 2014
- RISD Academic Commons Program Grant, 2013