Employees have several options for commuting to the Pittsburgh campus.
- Maps are available for you to familiarize yourself with campus and the local area.
- Visitor parking is available in the following garages:
- East Campus
- Dithridge Street
- Collaborative Innovation Center
- Once you begin working, you will be able to apply for a parking permit.
- CMU has its own shuttle and escort service.
- Riders can use the Ride Systems GPS app to track the location of CMU buses.
- Allegheny County Port Authority Transit (PAT) services the campus area.
- PAT's website provides Trip Tools to help riders find routes, schedules, detours and real-time arrival information.
- Riders can also use several apps to track PAT vehicles.
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff can use their CMU ID Card to access PAT system buses, inclines and light rail free of charge.
- If you need an accommodation (e.g., disabled parking), please contact Disability Services within the Office of Human Resources.
To complete your tax elections and payment elections (direct deposit), you will need to have a Social Security number* entered in Workday (usually entered when completing the Form I-9).
- You will complete your tax elections as one of your onboarding tasks, which includes your Form W-4 for federal withholding as well as state and local tax forms.
- You will have the option to be paid via direct deposit or Wisely ADP Paycard. If no payment elections are made prior to payroll processing or you do not have a Social Security number on file, your default payment election will be a Wisely ADP Paycard which will be sent to your primary address on file in Workday. View the Payroll Resources page to learn more about Wisely ADP Paycards.
- If your position is non-exempt, you will be required to submit hours in Workday.
Health and Welfare Benefits — Carnegie Mellon offers a variety of health plans to suit your needs.
- Compare the seven medical plan options and their monthly payroll contributions.
- Review the two prescription plan options and their monthly payroll contributions.
- Check the cost of prescription drugs by plan. Use the "Check Drug Cost" links to compare the costs of prescription drugs for Caremark Options A and Option B.
- Compare the three dental plan options and their monthly payroll contributions.
- Consider the four vision plan options and their monthly payroll contributions.
Retirement Savings Benefits — For eligible employees, Carnegie Mellon automatically contributes an amount equal to 8% of your eligible base salary, unless you have a 9-month academic year appointment; then Carnegie Mellon contributes 9.78% of your academic year salary, paid over nine months.
- Learn more about retirement savings plans including employee pre-tax and post-tax (Roth) supplemental contributions.
Time Away from Work — Carnegie Mellon provides various types of paid time off for eligible employees:
- Ten official holidays and up to three floating holidays, depending on your start date
- Paid Time Off — review guidelines and accrual schedule
* Members of the AFL-CIO Local 95 — International Union of Operating Engineers are covered under their own contract, which specifies their benefits coverage options.