People and Organizational Effectiveness
The Office of Human Resources serves as a trusted partner to all employees and supervisors at Carnegie Mellon, answering questions, addressing issues and resolving conflicts that arise in the workplace. HR business partners are your first point of contact for human resources-related matters, helping all members of the CMU community have a positive employee experience.
The People and Organizational Effectiveness team offers consultation, facilitation and conflict resolution strategies for workplace issues. We provide all employees and supervisors with assistance in the following areas:
- We assist in the interpretation of university policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- We facilitate dialogue on employee/supervisor issues.
- We provide a sounding board and coaching on many workplace topics.
- We provide guidance on performance management, including coaching and corrective disciplinary actions.
- We counsel employees and supervisors regarding employment-related workplace concerns and investigate workplace concerns.
- We implement strategic and operational people solutions to help colleges and divisions achieve their objectives.
How People and Organizational Effectiveness Can Help You
We are committed to:
- Enhancing the quality of employees' workplace environment
- Encouraging positive communication between employees and supervisors
- Providing strategic HR support to all colleges/divisions in the areas of talent acquisition, management practices and development, performance management, organizational development, compensation, employee relations, policies and procedures, and coaching and counseling