International Exchange Students-Housing Services - Carnegie Mellon University

International Exchange Students

Welcome to all International Exchange students!

You are an international Exchange Student if you are an upper-class (non-graduate level) student who is coming to Carnegie Mellon after completing one year or more of collegiate education at an institution outside of the United States, and you will be at Carnegie Mellon for only one or two semesters.

International Exchange Student Move-In

Move-in Day for International Exchange students is Wednesday, August 23, 2017.  A mandatory orientation session for all international exchange students will be held on Thursday, August 24, 2017.  Move-in will not be permitted earlier than August 23rd.  If you must arrive early, you can make arrangements with one of these short-term accommodations.

Housing Services works closely with the Office of International Education (OIE) to coordinate international student housing and check-in. International students should also visit OIE’s website for additional information on housing and international orientation.

First-Year International Students

First-year international students who are working toward a full undergraduate degree are housed in our first-year residences and reference the information available on the first-year housing options and first-year move-in pages.

International Graduate Students

Most international graduate students and visiting scholars make off-campus housing arrangements. Carnegie Mellon's Community Housing Services is a great resource to help you with your off-campus housing search.