Belongings in University Storage from Spring 2020
The following information is for upper-class students who had their belongings packed and stored by the university after the spring 2020 semester.
I am returning to Pittsburgh for the spring 2021 semester and living off-campus. How can I get my belongings?
You may pick up your belongings in accordance with the following plan, which maintains required health and safety standards.
- Pickup will occur 1/30/2021 – 2/7/2021, at Fairfax Apartments, from the Henry Street entrance. Weekday pick-ups will occur between 4 and 6 pm. Weekend pick-ups will occur between 1 and 4 pm.
- Students will need to make an appointment to pick up all of their belongings. If a student requires more than one trip to pick-up their belongings, they will need to make a second appointment. Housing will not allow for partial pick-ups unless a second appointment is scheduled. A maximum of two appointments can be made. If a student leaves any items behind upon checking out, they will be discarded.
- Appointments are 15-minute increments and can be selected via the form in the Housing portal.
- Students and guests helping to move belongings must wear face coverings and practice physical distancing.
I am returning to Pittsburgh to live on campus for the spring 2021 semester. How can I get my belongings?
I don’t plan to return to Pittsburgh until the fall 2021 semester to live either on or off campus. What will happen to my belongings?
You can select this option via this form in the Housing portal.
I no longer want my belongings and don’t have plans to collect them. What are my options?
I am unsure about when, or if, I will return to Pittsburgh before I graduate. How can I get my belongings?
If you do not have plans to return to Pittsburgh before you graduate, Housing Services will ship your items (at your expense) or donate them.
- If you elect to have items shipped, all stored belongings will be shipped (no partial shipments).
- If your belongings contain items that do not fit in a standard shipping carton, a staff member will contact you to discuss options to provide specialty shipping or consider donation.
- International shipments will be subject to higher costs and customs restrictions. If you request shipping to an international address, a CMU staff member will contact you to discuss options.
- Shipping will occur in February 2021.
- Students must select to have their items shipped or donated via the form in the Housing Portal no later than January 30, 2021.
- Estimated shipping costs are below. Please note, actual costs will vary depending on the exact weight and destination of your packages.
|Destination||Quantity (box)||Shipping Duration (days)||Declared Value Estimate (per box)||Total Cost Estimate|