University Student Health Insurance Requirements
To qualify for a waiver, your insurance policy must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must cover all of the following at a reimbursement rate of at least 70% in the city where you are attending Carnegie Mellon classes (a policy that covers only emergency or urgent care does not meet this requirement):
- Must have an individual deductible that does not exceed $1,500 per year;
- Must have a United States-based claims office and telephone number;
- Must not contain any clauses limiting/excluding coverage based on pre-existing conditions; and
- Must not have a maximum annual limit.