It's Flu Season!
Flu season is here!
How can you stay healthy this flu season?
1. Vaccination. Our community is a caring and connected one. Taking the time to get vaccinated means that flu is less likely to spread or cause interruptions to the lives of our students, faculty, and staff. Schedule an appointment at to get a flu shot during one of our many upcoming flu vaccine clinics at University Health Services:
- Every Tuesday through November 15 from 8:30 - 11:30am
- Wednesdays, October 5 and 19 and November 16 from 8:30 - 11:30am
- Every Thursday through November 17 (except October 20) from 1:30 - 4:30pm
We will also host several walk-in flu shot clinics for community members at:
- NREC Lawrenceville - Wednesday, October 12 from 8:30 - 11:30am
- PPG Place (11th Floor, PPG 6) - Thursday, October 20 from 2-4pm
- SEI Bakery Square - Wednesday, October 26 from 8:30 - 11:30am
- Benefits and Fitness Fair at Cohon University Center - Wednesday, November 2 from 10am - 2pm
- Mellon Institute - Wednesday, November 9 from 8:30 - 11:30am
2. Washing hands often with soap and water, and using a tissue or the crook of the arm to cover coughs and sneezes helps to decrease the spread of the flu virus. Getting enough sleep, stress relief, exercise, and good nutrition will also help the body’s immune system to fight a flu infection.
--fever over 101 degrees farenheit
4. If you become ill with flu symptoms, please contact UHS right away for an appointment. Call us at 412-268-2157.