Carnegie Mellon University
Please find detailed information on all health requirements for incoming students here.
We are not permitted by law to disclose any medical information to a parent or guardian without the consent of the student unless the student is mentally incapacitated or threatens to harm him/her self or someone else. If you call us with a concern, we will contact your student directly to request permission to speak with you.
Carnegie Mellon has a student insurance mandate on its Pittsburgh and New York campus locations. Full-time students are default charged for the university's contracted standard insurance plan, and must submit an insurance waiver form each academc year to request a refund of the fee.

Students with special nutritional needs that require a dining plan accomodation must submit a Special Dining Needs Form [PDF].

Students with special health needs that require a housing accomodation must submit a Special Housing Needs Form [PDF].

University Health Services has a full-time comprehensive care manager who assists students with special medical or mental health needs.  Contact our comprehensive care manager, Diane Dawson, at or 412-268-9171.
Parent instructions for AlcoholEdu + Sexual Violence Prevention Courses

Students should complete the AlcoholEdu + Sexual Violence Prevention for Undergraduates via the links provided in order to get credit for the completed courses.

For additional information and resources, visit The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism's What Parents Need to Know About College Drinking and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center's Resources for Friends and Family.