Purchasing Card (PCard)
The university's PCard program is designed for large volume, low-priced purchases, but cannot be used for any travel/travel-related costs. The PCard Guidelines [.pdf] provide complete information about the program. Our card provider is PNC Bank and our program is administered by the Business Systems and Services Team. For more information, contact the PCard Help Desk at email@example.com or x8-4666.
Obtaining a PCard
Departments can request that a PCard be issued to an employee using the PCard Request Form [.php]. This form is used to request a card, establish spending limits, assign default accounting information, and determine who will approve the cardholder's transactions. This form must be approved by both the department's business manager and the division's ALG member.
Before the card can be issued, the cardholder must:
- Have a current position in Workday
- Complete FIN – Introduction to Purchasing Training
- Complete FIN – PCard Training
- Complete and sign the PCard Employee Cardholder Agreement
Verifying PCard Transactions
PCard transactions must be verified within 30 days of the transaction being posted in Oracle. Verifying transactions means providing a business justification as well as providing accounting information for each charge. The verification process is completed through the Oracle Internet Expenses - Procurement Card application. It is possible for transactions to be verified by a delegate. Once the transactions are verified, they must be approved by your PCard approver.
To verify PCard transactions, the cardholder or delegate must:
- Complete CMU Finance Fundamentals Course (eLearning).
- Complete the Oracle Internet Expenses - Procurement Card Application Course (eLearning).
- Pass the eLearning Certification at the end of the course.
- Use the Online Forms System to request the IE Procurement Card responsibility and/or request delegate access.
Managing Your PCard
Here are some quick tips about situations your may encounter when managing your PCard:
- Use PCard Request Form via Online Forms System to change limits or default account string.
- Complete Delegate Access Request Form via Online Forms System to establish a delegate.
- Request a policy exception with the Purchasing Card Exception Request Form via Online Forms System(process detailed in Purchasing Card Guidelines, section 5.6 [.pdf]).
- Contact the supplier to dispute a charge. If the supplier doesn't respond within 5-7 days, complete the Billing Inquiry Form [.pdf] and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the AP Redistribution Form [.pdf] if you posted a transaction to the wrong account string.
Refer to the PCard FAQs for more detailed information.
CMU Ethics Reporting Hotline
www.reportit.net (Username: tartans; Password: plaid)