What You Can Do About Climate Change
Ready to take action? Learn how to get involved through careers, advocacy, and personal choices.
Climate and Energy Careers
No matter what interests or education you have, there is a job for you in energy. The resources below can help you get an idea of the possibilities that are out there in the world of energy and the environment.
- 📰 Find out which environmental jobs are in high demand with this guide.
- 📰 What types of jobs are needed in the solar industry? More than you think!
- 🔧 Use this tool to learn about jobs in solar energy for all experience levels.
- 🔧 Or this tool, which maps out wind energy jobs.
- 📰 Learn about women at the Department of Energy - from the Manhattan Project to present day.
Changing Your Carbon Footprint
Feeling overwhelmed? Start small. There are so many ways you can reduce carbon emissions in your everyday life. Every meal you eat without meat and every trip on your bike instead of a car makes a difference. Many things that help the planet can even make you healthier.
- 🔧 How big is YOUR carbon footprint? Use this calculator to find out.
- 🎬 What you eat makes a difference - learn how in this video.
- 📰 Check out these recipes and tips for starting a Meatless Monday routine.
- 🎬 Learn about some easy things you can do to make a difference here.
- 📰 See 6 ways you can reduce your carbon footprint.
A lot of discussion and action on climate change would not happen without the work of activists around the world. Standing up to the companies and governments who are contributing to climate change is one of the best things you can do to help. See the resources below to learn how you can get involved.
Ideas to Get Started
- 🎬 Check out this introduction to the climate change movement.
- 🎬 Hear from other young people who are impacted by climate change.
- 🎬 The best things you can do to help have nothing to do with your carbon footprint!
- 📰 Environmental Advocacy Toolkits: Learn about things you can do with your school, team, or community.
- 📰 Check out “The Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World.”
- 📰 Learn how to start a Meatless Monday campaign with your friends, school, or other groups.
- 🔧 Writing to your representative is easier than you think! Use this tool to generate and send a message.
A lot of discussion and action on climate change would not happen without the work of activists around the world. Standing up to the companies and governments who are contributing to climate change is one of the best things you can do to help. Use the resources below to get inspired by other young people who are already taking action.
Teen Activists in the News
- 📰 “Meet the Climate Change Activists of TikTok”
- 📰 “German Court Sides With Youth Climate Activists to Safeguard Human Rights”
- 📰 “Aussie teens’ world first — Proven government obligations to manage climate change”
- 📰 “What scares Pa. teens about climate change and how do they want to fight back, a year after massive global protests?”
- 📰 “Greta Thunberg and Fridays For Future, from global myth to local mobilization”
- 🎬 Check out the California Climate Video Challenge winners!
Questions or Concerns? Contact the SUCCEED team!
2021 Program Director: Tracey Ziev, PhD candidate in Engineering & Public PolicyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be notified when we add new content?
Join our mailing list and follow us on Twitter!