Assistant Research Professor, Engineering & Public Policy
- Assistant Research Professor, Carnegie Mellon, 2015-present
- Research Scientist, Carnegie Mellon, 2013-2015
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Carnegie Mellon 2010-2013
- PhD. (Behavioral Decision Research), Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- M.S. (Behavioral Decision Research and Psychology), Carnegie Mellon University, 2006,
- B.S. (Biological Anthropology, Science and Humanities Scholars) Carnegie Mellon University, 2003,
Dr. Krishnamurti approaches complex decision making landscapes by applying basic knowledge to the design of communications and behavioral interventions that assist people in making more informed choices for themselves. She uses qualitative and quantitative, basic and applied research methods to examine questions in areas ranging from maternal health to conservation behavior. Dr. Krishnamurti conducts research both domestically and internationally with a focus on vulnerable populations.
Peer reviewed publications
Publications available on request by email
- Krishnamurti, T., Davis, A.L., Wong-Parodi, G., Fischhoff, B., Sadovsky, Y., & Simhan, H. (2017). MyHealthyPregnancy: A feasibility pilot of a behavioral decision research-based tool for assessing and communicating pregnancy risk. JMIR mHealth uHealth, 5(4), e 42. doi:10.2196/mhealth.7036
- Krishnamurti, T., & Argo, N. (2016). A Patient-Centered Approach to Informed Consent Results From a Survey and Randomized Trial. Medical Decision Making.
- Wong-Parodi, G., Krishnamurti, T., Davis, A., Schwartz, D., & Fischhoff, B. (2016). A decision science approach for integrating social science in climate and energy solutions. Nature Climate Change, 6(6), 563-569.
- Bruine de Bruin, W & Krishnamurti, T (2016). Developing behavioural interventions: Three lessons learned for delivering energy policy. In Delivering Energy Law and Policy in the EU and the US: A Reader. Edinburgh, UK: Edinburgh University Press.
- Krishnamurti, T. Woloshin, S. Schwartz, L. & Fischhoff, B. (2015) What’s in a name? A randomized trial testing FDA "breakthrough" language. JAMA Internal Medicine, 175(11),1856-1858.
- Lowenstein, G., Krishnamurti, T., Kopsic, J., McDonald, D. (2015). Does increased sexual frequency enhance happiness? Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 116, 206–218.
- Morewedge, C. K., Krishnamurti, T., & Ariely, D. (2014) Focused on unfairness: Alcohol myopia increases the costly rejection of inequitable rewards. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 50, 15-20.
- Davis, A., Krishnamurti, T., Fischhoff, B, & Bruine de Bruin, W. (2013). Setting a standard for energy pilot studies: Meta-analysis and guidelines for design representation and evaluation. Energy Policy, 62, 401-409.
- Schwartz, D., Fischhoff, B., Krishnamurti, T., & Sowell, F. (2013). The Hawthorne effect and energy awareness. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 110, 15242-15246.
- Murtaugh, K.L., *Krishnamurti, T., Davis, A., Reback, C.J., & Shoptaw, S. (2013). Spend today, clean tomorrow: Predicting methamphetamine abstinence in a randomized controlled trial. Health Psychology, 32(9), 958-966.
- Davis, A., & Krishnamurti, T. (2013) Predicting energy efficiency program enrollment intentions and behavior. Applied Energy, 111, 277-287
- Krishnamurti, T., Davis, A., Wong-Parodi, G., Canfield, C., & Wang, J. (2013). Creating an in-home display: experimental evidence and guidelines for design, Applied Energy, 108, 448-458.
- Krishnamurti, T., & Loewenstein, G. (2012) Sexual liking and sexual wanting scales: Psychometric properties. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 41, 467-76.
- Krishnamurti, T. Schwartz, D., Davis, A., Fischhoff, B., Bruine de Bruin, W., Lave, L., & Wang, J. (2012). Preparing for smart grid technologies: A behavioral decision research approach to understanding consumer expectations about smart meters. Energy Policy, 41, 790-797.
- Krishnamurti, T., Eggers, S.L., & Fischhoff, B. (2008). The impact of OTC availability of Plan B on teens’ contraceptive decision making. Social Science and Medicine, 67, 618-627.
- Eastwick, P., Finkel, E., Krishnamurti, T., & Loewenstein, G. (2008). Mispredicting distress following breakup: Revealing the time course of the affective forecasting error. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44, 800–807.