The well-being of every individual in the Carnegie Mellon University family is a top priority for the university.
The mission of CMUSafe is to empower the CMU community to say something if we see something... and to be active in building a safe community.
CMU-Safe Ambassador Duties
- Facilitating the distribution of emergency procedure information to faculty, staff and students.
- Be familiar with your buildings' Emergency Action Plan.
- Facilitate the safe evacuation of campus buildings during an emergency.
- Familiarity with lifesaving device locations and emergency resources.
- Participate in fire drills
Emergency Management Exercise
CMU ambassadors may participate in fire drills and emergency and preparedness and response exercises to validate plans and resources, train responders, and practice our internal and external coordination.