January 26, 2023
Chartwells Wins the 5th Annual Soup Crawl!
- Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Educator and Marketing Coordinator
Chartwells' Roasted Tomato Bisque with Grilled Cheese Croutons, prepared by Executive Chef Victor Schmidt, was voted best soup on campus at the 5th annual Soup Crawl on January 25, 2023. This rich tomato soup is blended with fresh vegetables, herbs and extra virgin olive oil, and topped with crispy grilled cheese croutons.
Second place went to the Chartwells Chef Rob's White Turkey Chili and third place went to Au Bon Pain's 12 Veggie.
A big THANK YOU to all of our vendors and community members who participated. We will see you next year!
Join Dining Services for the 5th annual Soup Crawl on Wednesday, January 25, from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m! Pick up a ballot, sample delicious soups, and cast your vote. This event is FREE and open to everyone!
Drop your ballot in any ballot box at any participating dining location or the Cohon Center Information Desk.
Au Bon Pain - Cohon Center
- Broccoli Cheddar
- 12 Veggie – Vegan
Chartwells @ Innovation Kitchen
- Chef Rob’s White Turkey Chili
- Chef Tessa’s Thai Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chef Vic’s Roasted Tomato Bisque with Grilled Cheese Croutons – Vegetarian (contains dairy)
- Sous Chef Francine’s Vegetable Soup - Vegan
The Exchange @ Posner Hall
- Sausage Minestrone
The Underground - Morewood Gardens
- Mushroom and Brie – vegetarian (contains dairy)
- Chicken Tortilla
Tahini @ Tartans Pavilion, Resnik
- Chicken Matzo Ball
The Edge @ Tartans Pavilion, Resnik
- Hot and Sour Soup – Vegetarian (contains egg)
Visit our website or social sites to find out who wins!
Facebook: CMUdining Instagram: @LifeatCMU