Boston University - Communication Neuroscience Research Laboratory
We are seeking applicants for a full-time Research Analyst position in the Communication Neuroscience Research Laboratory at Boston University (PI: Tyler Perrachione; http://sites.bu.edu/cnrlab/). Our research uses structural and functional neuroimaging and careful behavioral experiments to investigate the brain bases of speech, hearing, and language, and their dysfunction in developmental communication disorders.
The duties of the Research Analyst will involve all aspects of the scientific research process, including developing stimuli and experimental paradigms; acquiring, managing, and analyzing brain and behavioral data; participant recruitment, assessment, and characterization; and quality assurance of lab equipment and resources.
Strong applicants will demonstrate prior experience in more than one of the following skills:
- Research with human subjects;
- Collecting or analyzing cognitive neuroscience data, including fMRI, structural MRI, DTI, EEG, ERP, or tDCS;
- Quantitative skills, including programming experience and comfort working with open-source scientific software (Python, R, Praat, Linux, etc.);
- Academic study related to the cognitive neuroscience of speech, language, and hearing;
- High conscientiousness, with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Applicants should have a BA/BS or MA/MS in neuroscience; psychology; cognitive science; linguistics; speech, language, and hearing sciences / communication sciences and disorders; computer science; or a related field.
Initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A starting date as soon as possible is preferred (but negotiable).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For inquiries, e-mail:
To apply, visit: