- M.A. in History Carnegie Mellon University, 2016
- M.A. in History University of Cincinnati, 2015
- B.A. in History University of Toledo, 2013
Late 19th and early 20th century American history; working-class and labor; labor movements; class-consciousness and the formation of working-class culture; African American working-class and social organization; urban history; race and class politics
- "From Toledo to Standing Rock," Jacobin Magazine, October 7, 2016.
- "The More Things Stay the Same: Lessons from 1934," Labor and Working-Class History Association (LAWCHA), June 17, 2015.
- "From Fifteen to Ten Thousand: The Electric Auto-Lite Strike of 1934 and the Alternative Unionism of Toledo, Ohio" 2015 Queen City Colloquium Graduate Research Conference, University of Cincinnati, April 2015.