- M.A. in Historical Studies, Duquesne University, 2010
- B.A. in History, Gettysburg College, 2007
Nineteenth-century U.S. cultural history, gender and masculinity
- "From Civil War to Civic Engagement: Grand Army Veterans and Progressive Reform, 1890 - 1920"
- General and Mrs. Matthew B. Ridgway Research Grant; U.S. Army Heritage and Research Center, U.S. Army War College; 2016
- Bordin-Gillette Researcher Travel Fellowship; Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan; 2015
- Wisconsin Veterans Museum Research Grant; Wisconsin Veterans Museum; 2015