- M.A. in History, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- M.A. in Humanities and Social Thought, New York University, 2014
- M.S. in Secondary Education/English and Language Arts, Eastern Connecticut State University, 2008
- B.A. in English, Worcester State University, 2004
19th and 20th century U.S. cultural history; American Main Streets; urban, suburban, and rural studies; politics of memory and identity
"Miracle Miles: Road Building and Community Development in America, 1893-1933"
- Research Grant for Authors; State Historical Society of Iowa; 2018-2019
- Bordin-Gillette Researcher Travel Fellowship; Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan; 2018