Dietrich Computing provides recommendations for equipment purchases to departments that will be supported by our group. Dietrich staff works directly with users to determine the best computer equipment that will their requirement. A quote will then be provided to departmental purchasing officers, Dietrich Computing does not handle any purchasing.
In all instances, the computers must be CMU-owned (i.e., no personally owned computers).
- Selected Lenovo Thinkpad, Dell Latitude and Optiplex models
- For software support, the machines must be less than 4 years old
- For hardware support, we are often able to provide direct hardware repair or we can facilitate on-site repair for Dell technicians as necessary
- Any model laptop or desktop
- For software support, the machines must be less than 3 years old
- Hardware repairs are typically facilitated through any Apple Store
Please email Computing Services to discuss your needs or call 412-268-5136.