Welcome to the Class of 2024+
Congratulations on your admission to Carnegie Mellon University and the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences!
We recognize that the global COVID-19 outbreak has impacted your life and your families in many ways. Our first priority is your health and well-being, and the health and well-being of our campus community. Please continue to monitor the University’s central website for updates and information on coronavirus in Pittsburgh and the University’s response.
Incoming students should expect to hear from their Academic Advisor in early June. Until then, please feel free to contact the Academic Advisory Center at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Dietrich College Student and Family Welcome Orientation
On Sunday, August 23, we officially welcomed the Dietrich College Class of 2024 to Carnegie Mellon University! Please find a video recording of the Student and Family Welcome here, with welcoming remarks from Dean Richard Scheines, Associate Dean Jay Devine, and student speaker Roshni Nischal.
Featuring greetings by the following Dietrich representatives:
- Ana Maria Ulloa-Shields, Associate Dean for Student Success
- Jay Devine, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies
- Sharon Carver, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
- Gina Mattucci, Assistant Director of the Academic Advisory Center and Academic Advisor
- Sylvie Aubin, Academic Advisor
- Correy Dandoy, Academic Advisor (Information Systems)
- Mark Patterson, Director of the Quantitative Social Science Scholars Program
- Tim Haggerty, Director of the Humanities Scholars Program
- Colleen Libertz, Program Manager of the Academic Advisory Center
- Kim Piatt, Manager of the Pittsburgh Summer Internship Program
- Joe Battelline, Career Consultant in the Career and Professional Development Center
- Kristin Staunton, Career Consultant in the Career and Professional Development Center
- Erika Tatrai, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services (the HUB, Financial Aid, Registrar)
Student Speaker: Roshni Nischal
Roshni Nischal, a senior in CMU's Department of Psychology, welcomed the Class of 2024+ to the Dietrich College community at the start of Orientation Week on Sunday, Aug. 23.
Parent and Family E-newsletter
The Parent and Family E-Newsletter aims to provide relevant and pertinent information to family members of our students. We realize this is a pivotal time for both you and your student. We hope to partner with you in supporting and encouraging your student throughout their time in Dietrich and beyond.
Town Hall Q&A
On Wednesday, July 15, Dean Richard Scheines hosted a virtual town hall for the incoming students and family members of the Class of 2024. The students and families raised many important questions during the session, and we would like to share the answers to help our incoming students who were unable to attend.
Some questions were asked about the spring semester. Unfortunately, we do not have answers to those questions at this time. We will share information as soon as it becomes available.
Watch Dietrich’s College Overview Video
Featuring Richard Scheines, Bess Family Dean of the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences