U.S. Locations Outside of Pittsburgh
Carnegie Mellon University is partnering with Quest Diagnostics to provide free weekly asymptomatic COVID-19 tests (unobserved, self-collected PCR test kits that will be sent to your home address) for students, faculty and staff at our U.S.-based academic programs and campuses outside of Pittsburgh.
If you come to one of our U.S.-based academic programs and campuses listed below, whether it's often or occasionally, you are expected to participate in asymptomatic testing ahead of the day you will be on campus by requesting a test kit through Quest one week in advance.
- The Heinz College in Washington, D.C. Program
- Institute for Politics and Strategy Washington, D.C. Semester Program
- Tepper Business School Master of Science in Computational Finance in New York, NY
- The Heinz College Master of Entertainment Industry Management Program in Los Angeles, CA
- Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley in Moffett Field, CA
If you are not coming to campus, you are not expected to participate in asymptomatic testing; however, the opportunity to request a test kit from Quest is still available to you.
Quest Diagnostics will email you with a link to your test results within 24-48 hours of receipt of the test kit. Sign up for MyQuest at MyQuest.QuestDiagnostics.com or download the MyQuest app.
If you receive notification of a positive result, Quest Diagnostics will provide your results to your local county health department to initiate contact tracing.
Additionally, you should:
- Immediately isolate yourself from others and not attend in-person events or classes.
- Contact your primary care provider for guidance and care.
- Notify your advisor or supervisor.
Other Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
Free COVID-19 Testing Locations
Explore the following free COVID-19 testing sites by location:
- Washington, D.C.: District of Columbia COVID-19 Testing Sites (Appointment and walk-in testing available)
- Los Angeles, CA: Free COVID-19 Testing in Los Angeles (Drive-up locations, appointments required in advance)
- New York, NY: NYC COVID-19 Testing Citywide Information Portal (Various testing locations operated by the state) and NYC Health + Hospitals COVID-19 Testing (Walk-in testing with no appointment needed)
- Silicon Valley, CA: Santa Clara County COVID-19 Testing Sites (by appointment) and COVID-19 Testing at El Camino Health (Appointments required)
At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits
These at-home test kits are available at a cost to you and not paid for by the university: