Health & Wellness
Reporting CMU COVID-19 case numbers, testing for COVID-19 and providing the CMU community with tips for staying healthy continue to be key components of the university's ongoing strategy to detect and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to monitor the overall COVID-19 landscape both regionally and nationally to inform and guide our health and wellness mitigations.
Report positive tests
Report your positive test result to Community Health and Well-Being (CHWB):
Health & Wellness Guidelines
- If you aren't feeling well, stay home and do not come to campus.
- Facial coverings both indoors and outdoors are optional for members of our community.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Continue to be cautious and adhere to proper respiratory etiquette (e.g., covering coughs and sneezes), even if wearing face coverings.
- For guidance regarding returning to the on-campus workplace, refer to the Pandemic Planning Guide.
- When using shared break areas and kitchens, wipe food containers and appliance handles with a disinfectant at each use.
Keep your areas clean and free of clutter to allow for easier sanitizing and cleaning. This includes both residential, recreational and professional spaces.
- Avoid sharing equipment and belongings not in your residence. Minimize the use of common equipment (e.g., printers, etc.), and sanitize surfaces before and after operating these if you must use them.
- Educate yourself about COVID-19 and keep up to date on the latest information about reducing risks.
See additional guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on preventing COVID-19 spread in communities.