Online Credit Card Processing Service
The online credit card processing service is available to campus affiliates with eligible use cases. The service performs the following tasks:
- Collects customer credit card information through a secure Web application.
- Processes an authorization and settlement request through the Carnegie Mellon-approved third-party payment processor.
- Displays a response and printable receipt for the customer.
The Credit Card Application (CCA) can process credit card payments using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. On a more detailed level, the system also:
- Allows authorized personnel within the university to enter their customer’s credit card information through a secure web application and process the authorization and settlement through the Carnegie Mellon approved third party payment processor.
- Allows departments to view their credit card transactions and process credits and settlements against transactions.
- Sends formatted transaction data to departmental systems via email or downloadable files.
- Creates general ledger transactions for credit card payments and credits and processes them through the financial system.
- To learn if your use case is eligible for the online credit card processing service, send email to email@example.com.
- To determine if you need a generic or regular storefront, see Request a Storefront.
Last Updated: 4/30/14