Install Symantec (Mac)
IMPORTANT: You must first remove ALL other anti-virus software. An uninstaller which will remove previous versions of Symantec is available on the Symantec Endpoint Protection download page. See the vendor's instructions for help removing other anti-virus products.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac.
- Double-click Symantec Endpoint Protection.dmg to mount the installer volume, then double-click Symantec Endpoint Protection Installer.
- You will see a warning that a system restart will be required. Click Continue.
- Click Agree & Install. Enter an administrator username and password if prompted.
- When almost complete, the installer will prompt you to restart your computer. Click Close & Restart.
>>> IMPORTANT: You may want to print these instructions before your computer restarts. Or, return to this page to continue with the installation instructions. <<<
Step 2: Complete the Installation
- Click the shield icon in the menu bar and select LiveUpdate > Open LiveUpdate when your computer restarts.
- Click Update Now.
- Click OK when LiveUpdate is complete. You will see a list of installed updates.
Step 3: Scan Your Computer
- Click the shield icon in the menu bar and select Symantec Endpoint Protection > Open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
IMPORTANT: If a red X displays, click Settings and turn on Virus and Spyware Protection. Click Status.
- Select Run full scan from the Scan menu (lower right corner).
- The scan will take some time to run.
- Click OK when complete.