Install Symantec (Mac)
IMPORTANT: You must first remove ALL other anti-virus software. An uninstaller which will remove previous versions of Symantec is available on the Symantec Endpoint Protection download page. See the vendor's instructions for help removing other anti-virus products.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac.
- Double-click Symantec Endpoint Protection.dmg to mount the installer volume, then double-click Symantec Endpoint Protection Installer.
- You will see a message warning that a system restart will be required. Click Continue.
- Click Agree & Install. Enter an administrator username and password if prompted.
- When almost complete, the installer will prompt you to restart your computer. Click Close & Restart.
>>> IMPORTANT: You may want to print these instructions before your computer restarts. Or, return to this page to continue with the installation instructions. <<<
Step 2: Complete the Installation
- When your computer restarts, download the latest application updates and virus definitions by clicking on the Symantec logo in the menu bar at the top of the screen and selecting LiveUpdate > Open LiveUpdate.
- Click Update Now.
- When LiveUpdate is complete, you will see a list of installed updates. Click OK. Symantec Endpoint Protection is now installed and active.
Step 3: Scan Your Computer
- Select Symantec logo > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Select Run full scan from the Scan menu in the lower right corner of the Symantec window.
- The scan will take some time to run.
- Click OK when complete.