Symantec Endpoint Protection
This software provides protection for your computer against viruses, trojan horses and worms. You can also scan for and repair infected files. Carnegie Mellon owns a volume license for Symantec Endpoint Protection. Symantec is the recommended anti-virus software for use at Carnegie Mellon University.
Symantec Corporate Edition Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Licenses cover Faculty and staff
- Available for: Windows and Mac OS X
- Who can install it: Faculty and staff
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: Perpetual, July 1 renewal
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: None
- Getting help using it: Computing Services Help Center.
- Restrictions: None
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: Once your Carnegie Mellon affiliation ends, you are required to remove all copies of the software.