SAS is a comprehensive statistical and graphical package that includes modules for several types of specialized analysis.
SAS Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: limited licenses
- Available for: Windows and Linux
- Who can install it: Faculty and staff
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers
- Type of license: Annual, September 1
- Cost: Free for students and Tepper/Heinz College faculty and staff. All other faculty and staff $59/year. Note: SAS On Demand for Academics, cloud-based application, is available for free to faculty staff and students.
- Where to get it: Email email@example.com. Specify "SAS Access" and provide the Oracle string to be charged.
- License code required: Yes. License code is updated each fall and available as a separate download.
- Getting help using it: Computing Services does not support this software. Visit the SAS website for application help.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made. Administrative use of SAS is not covered by this academic license. Faculty may take copies out of North America for up to 90 days. Students cannot take copies out of North America.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University